Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Gender Roles

  I am old fashioned. Not just because of my name =) I believe Gender Roles exist and they exist for a reason. I believe that God created Man and Woman equal but really really really different. Both Genders are made in his image, but he has many attributes that he gave us individually.
  Lets talk Television shall we? I HATE sitcoms where the wife is a condescending and controlling. Not all of the wives portrayed on television are down right mean, controlling, and crass, but I have think back maybe to the Cosby Show days to find one. The woman is always the head of the house hold. She is generally skinny and more attractive than her husband with a professional job. He is usually dense, overweight, and lazy. We never see a hard working man who takes care of his family and is the head of his household. (Think Everybody Loves Raymond, According to Jim, King of Queens and a load of other shows that I can't remember the names of.)
  A lot of girls my age think this is what marriage should be like. I'm sorry, but I can't be around someone who is constantly putting her husband down TO HIS FACE! They talk to their husbands like they are the star of a bad sitcom on ABC. I just don't think this is what our Creator had in mind when he established marriage.
   I think we need strong men. I think men need to take their jobs at home seriously. You will be accountable to God for your family. You have a rough job guys. I don't envy you. But you need to stand up and be men. Get some accountability. Be Spiritual Leaders in your house. (Bonus: it is way easier to respect a man who is worthy of respect) If you have a sitcom wife, then take back the reigns. If you are a sitcom wife, stop controlling your husband. If our men were actually acting like men, then women would be free to act like women.  Thank you to all the men and husbands I know who are actually doing their jobs. Thank you to the women who let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment